Monday, March 30, 2009

I realized today just how small my baby actually is. I went to Truman Lakewood to see a friend of mine who had a baby this morning. Every thing went well until we attempted to leave. I rang the buzzer to get out and a nurse came on the speaker and asked me to turn the car seat around to the camera to make sure that I was not leaving with one of the newborns. I turned the seat and she said please hold on one moment and i will be back with you. Not a minute later there are 3 women walking towards me. They asked me if she was mine, if i had her birth certificate and they even looked at her belly button to see if it was still new or not. I told them that she was 4 months old and the nurse smiled and said " 4 month olds are bigger than that". They finally believed me after they saw her belly but that was a good twenty minutes of my life that I will never get back.

1 comment:

  1. What a memory for her baby book. Of course, if you're like me, she will be completing it herself when she's 13 like Carissa had to.

    ReplyDelete